Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meet the Joyful Journalist !

This is a new experience for me, so if you are a blogger, it may seem too simple. I hope you were drawn by the title. I am interested in encouraging and being encouraged here. It is my hope that this will be a place of warmth, caring and sharing. A place of honest contemplation of the best way to deal with everyday life challenges.
I must confess, I want to use every legitimate means I can to reach others with messages of hope and joy. But in this venue, you can join along, because shared joy makes it even better!
If you have been invited it is because we have mutual interests and expectations. The true JOY of my life is Jesus Christ. My life really began when I accepted Christ as my Savior at the age of 25. So for 33 years, I have been living in His love and learning that He is my all- in-all. One of my favorite Bible verses is where He says, "Neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength". (Neh.8:10) Before I became a Christian, I didn't realize there was real hope for happiness in this world. I despaired of my life, had no power to live above depression.
Belonging to Christ doesn't guarantee a trouble-free life. There will be times of earthly sorrow. But God says in Christ we are able to be joyful in our hearts even when in hard circumstances. Christ gives the strength to go on as we realize He dwells within us as believers!

No comments:

Post a Comment